I got my degree in Physics in 1996. Since then I have worked at ICMM in Madrid, ETH-Zürich and the University of Texas at Austin. I have also spent periods from one to five months in ESPCI-Paris, University of Minnesota at Minneapolis, University of California in Santa Barbara and ETH-Zurich and visited many institutions for a short time. I have supervised two Phd thesis, organized 3 international conferences and 2 symposia.
- From September 2009, Tenured Scientist, Instituto de Ciencia de Materiales de Madrid, (ICMM-CSIC,Spain).
- From April 2005, Ramón y Cajal fellow, Instituto de Ciencia de Materiales de Madrid, (ICMM-CSIC,Spain).
- September 2002- March 2005, Postdoctoral fellow at the Institute for Theoretical Physics ETH-Zurich (Switzerland) in T. Maurice Rice’s and Manfred Sigrist’s group.
- March 2001- August 2002, Postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Physics, University of Texas in Austin (USA) in Allan H. MacDonald’s group.
- December 2000, PhD in Physics by Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
Thesis’s Title: Transport Properties of Mesoscopic Systems
Supervisor: Francisco Guinea
Thesis performed at Departamento de Teoría de la Materia Condensada (Instituto de Ciencias Materiales de Madrid) (ICMM-CSIC, Spain).
- July 1996: Graduate in Science, Theoretical Physics. Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. (Spain)
Visits (one month or longer)
- September-October 2014. Visiting scientist at KITP Kavli Institute of Theoretical Physics, in University of Santa Barbara (California-USA) as a participant in the workshop IRONIC2014.
- April 2013. Research guest at Ecole Superieur de Physique et Chimie Industrielle, ESPCI, Paris (France), visiting Prof. Ricardo Lobo.
- March 2008-July 2008. Research guest at Ecole Superieur de Physique et Chimie Industrielle, ESPCI, Paris (France), visiting Prof. Andrés Santander-Syro.
- January 2008-February 2008. Research guest at ETH-Zurich, visiting Prof. Manfred Sigrist and T. Maurice Rice.
- September 1999-December 1999. Research guest at Theoretical Physics Institute. University of Minnesota, visiting Prof. Leonid Glazman
- April-May 1999 and November 1998. Research guest at TFP Institute, Karslruhe University, visiting Prof. Gerd Schön.
- Electronic correlations in multi-orbital systems by José María Pizarro. Presented at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid in May 2019.
- Transport Properties of Nanoparticle Arrays, by Virginia Estevez. Presented at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid in April 2011
- Towards Room Temperature Superconductivity with Electronic. Interactions. September 2020. Miraflores-Madrid (Spain). Nicolás Cabrera Summer School coorganized with Isabel Guillamón and Hermann Suderow.
- Superconducting materials. July 2019. Zaragoza (Spain). Symposium organized with Teresa Puig at the Biennial Meeting of the Royal Spanish Physical Society.
- Fe-based superconductors. August 2014. Symposium organized together with F. Rullier-Albenque, Yann Gallais and Luca de Medici at the Conference Condensed Matter in Paris.
- The New Generation in Strongly Correlated Electron Systems ,
June 2010, Lanzarote, Canary Islands, Spain.
Conference organized together with Belén Valenzuela and Andrés Santander-Syro
- Emergent Quantum States in Complex Correlated Matter ,
August 2010, Dresden, Germany.
Conference organized together with Ilya Eremin and Andrey Chubukov