I have been doing science since 1996. During this time I have worked in Madrid, Zúrich and Austin. I visited many institutions for a short time and spent periods ranging from one to five months in Paris, Minneapolis, Karslruhe, Santa Barbara and Zúrich. I have supervised one Phd thesis, organized 2 international conferences and 1 symposium. Follow the links if you want to know more about my publications, the courses that I am teaching, my activity in outreach, the talks that I have presented or the grants that I have managed as PI.
- From September 2009, Tenured Scientist, Instituto de Ciencia de Materiales de Madrid, (ICMM-CSIC,Spain).
- From April 2005, Ramón y Cajal fellow, Instituto de Ciencia de Materiales de Madrid, (ICMM-CSIC,Spain).
- September 2002- March 2005, Postdoctoral fellow at the Institute for Theoretical Physics ETH-Zurich (Switzerland) in T. Maurice Rice’s and Manfred Sigrist’s group.
- March 2001- August 2002, Postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Physics, University of Texas in Austin (USA) in Allan H. MacDonald’s group.
- December 2000, PhD in Physics by Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
Thesis’s Title: Transport Properties of Mesoscopic Systems
Supervisor: Francisco Guinea
Thesis performed at Departamento de Teoría de la Materia Condensada (Instituto de Ciencias Materiales de Madrid) (ICMM-CSIC, Spain).
- July 1996: Graduate in Science, Theoretical Physics. Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. (Spain)
Visits (one month or longer)
- September-October 2014. Visiting scientist at KITP Kavli Institute of Theoretical Physics, in University of Santa Barbara (California-USA) as a participant in the workshop IRONIC2014.
- April 2013. Research guest at Ecole Superieur de Physique et Chimie Industrielle, ESPCI, Paris (France), visiting Prof. Ricardo Lobo.
- March 2008-July 2008. Research guest at Ecole Superieur de Physique et Chimie Industrielle, ESPCI, Paris (France), visiting Prof. Andrés Santander-Syro.
- January 2008-February 2008. Research guest at ETH-Zurich, visiting Prof. Manfred Sigrist and T. Maurice Rice.
- September 1999-December 1999. Research guest at Theoretical Physics Institute. University of Minnesota. Group. Prof. Leonid Glazman
- April-May 1999 and November 1998. Research guest at TFP Institute, Karslruhe University, group Prof. Gerd Schön.
- Transport Properties of Nanoparticle Arrays,
by Virginia Estevez.
Instituto de Ciencia de Materiales and Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. Defended in April 2011
- Fe-based superconductors. August 2014. Symposium organized together with F. Rullier-Albenque, Yann Gallais and Luca de Medici at the Conference Condensed Matter in Paris.
- The New Generation in Strongly Correlated Electron Systems ,
June 2010, Lanzarote, Canary Islands, Spain.
Conference organized together with Belén Valenzuela and Andrés Santander-Syro
- Emergent Quantum States in Complex Correlated Matter ,
August 2010, Dresden, Germany.
Conference organized together with Ilya Eremin and Andrey Chubukov